PASADENA COLLABORATIVE DIVORCE (PCD) offers this FREE PUBLIC SERVICE to empower professionals serving couples, and couples to make well-informed and effective long-term decisions.
• Options offered help preserve respect and money.
• Attendees learn to understand and manage the legal, financial, and emotional aspects of divorce.
• Topics include: the different divorce options, the pros and cons and relative costs of each, divorce-related terms, and which approach may provide desired outcomes under different financial or interpersonal circumstances.
Few people are actually familiar with all the divorce options, for example:
• Self-Representation (“Do-it-yourself”)
• Mediation (Traditional, Co-Mediation or Enhanced)
• Collaborative Divorce
• Traditional Litigated Divorce
Professionals from PCD, trained in all the options, help you learn how to get started and answer questions as time permits. We are licensed mental health professionals (“Divorce Coaches,” “Child & Co-parenting Specialists”), financial professionals (CPA’s) specifically trained in divorce financial matters, and family law attorneys.
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. Call Ria Severance, LMFT: 626-354-4334. We try to prepare materials ahead depending on the number of participants. Questions? Can’t make any of these times? Call.
WHO ATTENDS? Professionals working with couples and the public, your family or friends – Individuals contemplating divorce: same or opposite gender couples, domestic partners, co-habitating couples, as well as married persons, with or without children.
WHEN? Third Tuesday of the month, Jan-June 2018, 12-1:30pm.
WHERE? Donald E. Wright Auditorium in the Pasadena Central Library, 285 East Walnut Street, Pasadena CA 91101 (across from the courthouse).
PARKING? Attendees are asked to please use nearby parking structures, not the limited parking of the library, which is offering the auditorium at no cost. We suggest you arrive at least 15-20 minutes early to ensure parking before the program.